Saturday, July 01, 2006

for we were so young

Went for the SYF opening ceremony. Last min decision to accompany my mother, since I didn’t have anything to do anyways.

Turned out pretty good, cos for one, met up with an ol fren of mine. Pleasantly surprised to see him, cos didn’t expect to see any familiar faces at the grand stand of the national stadium cos mom got VIP seats. But so happy to see him, had a really great time, just having fun, not thinking or dwelling on anything else. Gossiping, catching up, making silly comments, just being really amazed at how coincident our meeting was.

Performances were not too bad either, esp the military bands. For those of us who stil think band performances are plain boring, think again! Not only do they dance, they have props, visuals, etc. and who can forget their different configurations! Darth vader, unicorn, Korean temple, even the kremlin. Then all enhanced with dancers, even a dash of humour in their performance. brilliant creativity!

Then cos we were sitting near PM Lee, we were saying how easy it would be to assassinate any one in the grand stand *gasp* esp during the gun salute. Oh and they had to make all of us stand and sing along to tat lao shu ai da mi song which I absolutely detest. Eck.

Oh then there were bands fr Malaysia and Thailand. I was saying tat their pants were really tight, and dq was saying they had realy long legs. And when u eavesdrop into our conversation it sure made us sound er..perverted? whahhah. thanks dq, for helping me have a great 3 hrs of fun.

But it made me miss school lots. We were talking abt the screaming tat went on during our sports days. Heheh esp in st nicks, cos my house was the best at screaming then. Hahah yes yes I contributed to it too. =0p

I still rem the last time I went for SYF when I was in st nicks, to support our fellow ‘sisters’, and to make up for it, we were all given cheeseburgers, single ok, not double. Like it really will make up for making me sit in the DAMN hot sun for the whole afternoon? Why no ice cream? So today, I thank whoever is up there, tat I was in the shade. Not standing down in my uniform, waiting for inspection, not sitting in the sun and wishing tat an umbrella with aircon would magically appear or something similar.

But now, st nicks seems to have gone down the drain. Maybe cos of the new principal? Miss my old principal tho. Yes she was money minded, but she made sngs the school it was in its heyday. And for tat I think all sng girls who went thru her are forever grateful. She believed tat we all could fly. So we all will, I suppose, in time to come.

thinking out loud at 11:06 PM


Comments:
Sound like you've lots of fun and enjoy yourself! See! You realise how things can turn out to be when it didn't really go according to your plan. You will have miss the 'unepxected' fun time and the opportunity to meet up with your frenz if you didn't join yur mum that afternoon. (You know what I mean... somehow,it always turn out to be better than we thought) eheh....
 
Post a Comment