Saturday, July 08, 2006
of coincidences and supernatural things
Friday was spent moving office. Moving table actually. From one person one table, to 3 person one table. Not too bad either la, easier to discuss things, more fun as well. But hahah don't get much work either!
Got into so many accidents while moving. Someone didn't fix up one of those magazine box file things properly. So while I took it out, everything fell thru the bottom. Guess where it landed. Bonus points for u if u said my legs and feet. Then yiyi pushed a trolley into the back of my feet while I was pushing jun on a chair. Grr. And the highlight had to be the big bang that happened in the warehouse, which scared us shitless cos we thot the ceiling was going to fall on us. I mean, the paint started to flake down on yi lor!
Then met with mun, who was early! Whahhah star for u mun mun. ramen was good as usual (I noe someone doesn't really fancy it eheheh) but I like. Then walk to wisma, walk back to centrepoint, got into tcc where there was a cute waiter who reminded me of leon, had nice cake, then walked back to tangs then went off to meet a fren for drinks.
Then worked thru the night to get mom's work done, had good duck rice (and gizzard, something I normally wouldn't eat), went to watch movie with auntie, and then dinner with her and mom. Super tired, and sleepy, nearly fell asleep during the movie, but funnily, quite happy.
Tired fr lugging my lappy the whole 2 days. This sleek slim device is deceptively heavy. Felt like a coolie man. But oh, quite cool today, cos in a short span of 10mins, I saw abt 4 st nicks girls in town separately. All of whom I haven't seen in ages. Not tat I'm close to them or wat la. But jus passed by them. So qiao.
Then there were these 2 other frens, one I met on thur morning, the other I met on thur evening. Then on fri lunch, I met the first one again, and the other on fri evening! And these 2 I also haven't seen in ages. So qiao! But bit freaky if u ask me. Eheh.
Missing him much. Wats new right? Haha nothing new, nothing surprising. Seeing him makes me happy, I hope seeing me makes him happy too. I guess u can't really forget someone tat easily. Not when he's probably the first one u truly like. and tat he sorta grows on u, as in the more u see him, the more u want to see him cos u like wat u saw. and not when u're scorpio. whahhaha
Anyways. Watched superman. Twice. In a week. I'm not a fan la but nothing else to watch. But watching it made me think of some things. (apart from why he has to wear his undies outside, if he wore any inside, how cool to have a bullet hit u in the eye and have it bounce off, and that he had a son?!)
Why superman and other superheroes were created, and why they remain popular to this day, has a lot to do with our sense of inferiority, and greed. And also our inability to deal with things we cant control. Like, natural disasters, accidents, bad stuff generally.
Think of all the superheros. They fly, have x ray vision, create weather, hear other ppl's thots, have supernatural strength, can transform. Things tat are humanly impossible, yet things we wish we had cos maybe it might make our life easier? Better? Gain power over others?
In a way, comics portray these wonderful beings as the good guys, battling the bad guys (often human). And yet, cos the bad guy is human, it also signifies us trying hard to be better than something greater than ourselves? But then again, good always triumphs over evil in the comics, which suggests then that having superhuman powers is better than being ordinarily human?
Its abit twisted, this logic of mine, that I admit. Heheh. Actually I also don't know if it makes sense. It sorta makes sense to me, then again it doesn't.
Bah whatever. I like her dress, as in lois lane's. The silk one she wore to her Pulitzer award thingy (and swam in the sea to save superman in). V nice leh! Good ah cos it skims the body and can hide all the bad bits! Then can cover fat arms, plus nice fabric. Hahah next time I need to tailor a dress for some formal event...
thinking out loud at 10:49 PM