Monday, May 04, 2009

post dated.


cos i was internet-less the entire weekend.


The finger

Its been quite some time since the diving trip and I’m puzzled by why my thumb hurts tho it seems to have healed. I wonder if there really are bits of fiberglass inside. Its like, a nice analogy for all sorts of wounds – never totally going back to original condition, gotta make sure everything’s properly cleaned before healing can take place, etc etc.

Which reminded me of the story of the hedgehog tat was baked alive.  Hibernating hedgehogs are woken up by sources of heat; in this case, the poor fella was cooked alive in the same heat that prompted him to wake up in time for Spring, ironically Nature’s season of Life.

 

The labour

Cycling, drinking, walking, laughing. After all that hard work, I tink I’m down with a semi flu. Hardworking eh?

Ok la I also did plenty of other things on sat (I didn’t just sleep ok. So it is STILL unforgiveable that I was made to wait for everyone!), settling the internship (sounds interesting! *uncharacteristically optimistic*), getting rid of the cumbersomely expensive gym membership (and switching to zumba hopefully), getting my skin fixed (but it still sucks), recce-ing for fascinators, walking thru stretches of road just to get some space and think about the year to come.

Then of cos, downed like 5? 6? beers, saw Jamie yeo with her new ang moh fling, and then later as w and me were walking outside, saw jean danker and glen ong holding hands. Wah.

Met EVEN more saf scholars, and took a lot of half drunk photos of everyone, listened to scrotum and tiger prawn stories, and saw an ‘angel’ (good hallucination for the drunk, but I wasn’t and it was just the official male *gay* masseur in all white and angel wings, flying from side to side with flailing arms and pointed toes in ballerina glory).  Yep, I had a good night that beerfest night.

Got over the non-bonus issue, abit sore nmind. Opportunities will knock, I’ll just try to faster learn how to grab hold and capitalize on it.

 

The book

Finished Yoko Ogawa’s The Housekeeper and The Professor, one of the reads I was supposed to have finished in Aur. Poignant, easy read, sorta completes my idea of a lazy Sunday with no internet. Wats left to read? Mandela, philo gym, psych of persuasion (yes I’m still not done), book of dead philosophers, and this mth’s editions of herworld/female.

 

The bitch

There are some professions I cannot comprehend why people would wanna take up. If it were for the sake of livelihood, I cannot imagine they’d derive any joy in it.  The encounter with the door bitch at Dbl O was not the first I’ve had, and certainly not last.

But I don’t get it – why would anyone want to take up a job that turns them into such unlikeable monsters? It seems so strange for someone’s KPI to go something like ‘Was mean to 10 customers’ or ‘Remained unfailingly rude the whole period of probation’.

I duno, it beats me. I’d suppose some of this attitude would carry over to real life. Or is it cos of real life, that these women take up their professions easier? I always believe that u can be firm/strict about enforcing rules without being rude. Cos it just comes across as childish. Its like a petulant bully who cant get her way, and had to call her gang (the security guards in this case) for backup.


The question

I had some 40% schnapps so I wasn’t drunk, but I was pretty stumped when dexian asked wat I was working as, and the first answer that came to mind was tat I’d tendered.

Not quite an appropriate/zai/politically correct answer, but I found it hard to say my normal ‘I make health supplements, manage the supply chain’ etc etc.  Perhaps the heart is no longer here.  I can no longer relate to my time here.

To be fair, he was quite sweet after accepting the letter, almost made me tear cos its precisely these sentiments that made me hesitate about throwing it in.  talk abt inertia. So its true, the longer u stay somewhere, the harder it gets to go anywhere else.

Which also reminds me, I’ve forgotten the inertia formula. Time to start revising again.


The dates

Nope, not a single slightest movement in the love life department (ok I’m not counting the movie). But I’m watching out for 050509 and 260509 for the meantime. 


The sheep

specially dedicated to my best pal/listener/office buddy who requires solid proof in the form of makeup that something black can actually be female in gender. EH it could just be a very hiao male ok! 

but i'll MISS u lots. cross my heart and swear to die. i hope hope hope i'll meet ppl jus as sweet and nice in future. no more stupid office mates pls!

thinking out loud at 9:36 AM


Comments: Post a Comment